Mini Frittata Popular Savory Breakfast Dish Recipe To Recreate at Home
These Spinach and Pepper Mini Frittatas are one of our guests favorites at Lady Geneva Bed and Breakfast. We serve them as a savory starter course when Cecil prepares his decadent Stuffed French Toast entree. We always like to offer a sweet and savory dish each morning.
The mini frittatas are easy to make ahead. But they only take about 30 minutes to prepare, so don’t worry if you have to whip them up at the last minute. The recipe can be adapted to add a variety of veggies and meats. Get creative and make adjustments for any dietary restrictions. The best part is that they are great for feeding a crowd. If you’re hosting a brunch or fancy breakfast, this recipe belongs on your menu. We hope you will enjoy a taste of Lady Geneva at home.
This recipe makes 12 regular sized frittata muffins or 24 mini muffins
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 oz bag of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or fresh thyme)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Tomato Confit for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat a muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions red peppers and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add spinach and sauté for one minute. Remove onions and spinach from heat and let cool. Once cool, drain any water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, and thyme. Add in the onions and spinach and whisk until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour or spoon the egg mixture into each muffin tin, filling to 1/4 inch below the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, just until the center of the frittatas are set and the top lightly brown.
Mini Frittatas Variations:
This mini frittatas recipe is very versatile. Other options for add ins include mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, ham, sausage, and bacon. Follow the same instructions above to cook your add ins before you mix them with the eggs.
Also keep in mind, you can prepare these in a mini muffin tin or regular sized muffin tin, depending on the size you desire. Monitor your cooking time accordingly.
Mini Frittatas Make Ahead Option:
Mini frittatas can be made the night before, and refrigerated in an airtight container overnight. To reheat, place frittatas on a baking sheet and reheat at 300 degrees for about 5 minutes.
You can prep your egg mixture and veggies the night before, like we do. Then in the morning all you have to do is pour the mixture into the greased muffin tin, and pop in the oven to cook.
Gourmet Breakfasts served at Lady Geneva Bed and Breakfast:
We hope you will enjoy these lovely mini frittatas with your family and friends. However, if you wish, we would be delighted to prepare them for you at Lady Geneva Bed and Breakfast. We serve a different, made to order, two course gourmet breakfast each morning. From yogurt parfaits to avocado toast, blueberry or maple bacon stuffed French Toast to Quiche Lorraine to Country Potatoes and Eggs, we love to wow our guests with a decadent breakfast to start your day on a perfect note.
Lady Geneva Bed and Breakfast at the Buhrman House is located in the Geneva-Minnesota Historic District, near Main Street in downtown Medford. We are easily accessible from I-5 expressway and often serve as perfect resting point for travelers between California, Oregon and Washington.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home soon.
Gloria and Cecil de Haas